Determines rates of fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides, and fungicides as required by the crops and/or directs the application of them. Must have the ability to calculate proper amounts, proportions, percentages, and volume in relation to the application of fertilizers, chemicals, and water.
- Conducts annual inventory of all Pesticides as required by law.
- Responsible for fertilizer and pesticide room management including cleanliness, organization, tank levels, and area security at all locations.
- Understanding of injector use, electrical conductivity, and pH meter.
- Staying current on knowledge of safe handling, application, and storage of fertilizers and pesticides. This includes ongoing education as license requires.
- Provides pesticide and safety training to all employees and maintains records as required by Federal and/or State regulations.
- Scouting, spraying, posting, and follow up.
- Communication and Training of staff for safe application procedures.
- Coordination of spraying schedules with production and retail teams.
- Proper, timely, and accurate completion of required forms.
- Tracking of pesticide inventories.
- Maintaining fertilizer levels in irrigation systems.
- Current Private Applicator License
- Relevant experience in various industry related safety regulations.
- Working knowledge of pesticides, fungicides, herbicides, growth regulators, and fertilizers.
- 2 years of practical spraying in a greenhouse setting.